LEXICON: 4 Steps: (Leader may use one of the following methods:
- Student leader finds the word in a dictionary.
- Provide individual dictionaries.
- Display dictionary page on interactive board.
- Access on media device.
- Write the word.
- Define the word.
- Find synonyms.
- Find antonyms.
Word Wall Vocabulary: sarcasm, irony
Note: Reference Lexicon Resource
Vocabulary (P 8,11)
“Vocab on the Move”
- Make cards of vocabulary words.
- Tape one to each student’s back.
- Directions: Walk around the room and ask your classmates.
What is a synonym for me?
What is an antonym for me?
Give me an example of me.
Give me an example of something I’m not.
What is a definition of me.
- Use your clues to figure out your vocabulary word.