Below is a sampling of the resource materials that may be used to identify and evaluate the use of the life principle.
It is suggested that evidence of this life principle or the lack of it may be found in many writings, films, videos, etc. It is recommended for learners to be engaged in a continuous search for life principle connections as part of the critical thinking process.
Tool for Evaluating Components of Types of Media:
- Compassion - Lesson plans, vocabulary, stories, parent materials, bulletin board ideas, suggested reading lists, quotes, website resources
- Compassion II - Lesson plans, vocabulary, stories, parent materials, bulletin board ideas, suggested reading lists, quotes, website resources
- Pinterest Pennies of time service and kindness games - Multiple links to games/ideas for teaching Compassion/Kindness
- Book of Virtues by William J. Bennett Lesson Plans – Activity sheets included.
- Keys to Character by Polk County, Florida School District - includes character development lesson material for teachers and parents for the following Life Principles: Responsibility, Compassions, Citizenship, Patriotism, Cooperation, Tolerance, Respect, Honesty, Self-Control, and Kindness
- Lesson on Fables - lesson plan for Grade 7 English Language Arts – maybe adapted for other grade levels
- 19 Everyday Expressions That Came from Aesop
- Aesop's Fable Learning Strategies
- Lesson Plans for Teaching Aesop's Fables - includes a wide variety of resources for teaching Aesop’s Fables.
- Mythweb - website with a variety of resources for teaching myths.
- Tips for Teachers for Myths Suggestions for activities in the classroom
- More Teaching Tips for Myths More Suggestions for activities in the classroom